SECTION 106 AGREEMENT
A Section 106 Agreement is a legal planning agreement between a developer and local authority. It is a contract in which the developer agrees to a range of conditions in order to ensure the scheme will make a positive contribution to the local area and community.
The promises we have made in our Section 106 Agreement include:
1. provide public access to beach and open spaces
2. affordable housing contribution of £5,000,000- paid £500,000 in May 2012.
3. education contribution of £465,375
4. for works by Cornwall Council to Sea Road and other road improvements – £385,000
5. travel plans to be prepared, for both construction and operation of the resort including improvements to the local bus route
6. aim to employ local people and provide training through partnership with local colleges (See Training Charter)
7. aim to use local suppliers/services
8. top car park – for public use