Please see below, a summary of our construction practices which is part of the Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP). If you’d like to read the CEMP in full, you can download it here.
- Each contractor will be required to provide a helpline service and a liaison officer to deal with any issues
- Working hours will be in line with standard practice: Mon – Fri 8am – 6pm; Sat 8am – 1pm
- No working on Sundays or Bank Holidays
- Overnight, out of hours or weekend working will only be requested in Exceptional circumstances – i.e. work on the sea defences due to the tides.
- The vast majority of deliveries to the site will be restricted to standard hours of work
- Any work or deliveries outside standard hours will have to be agreed with Cornwall Council in advance
- Vehicle movements will be scheduled to avoid drop-off and pick-up times at the local school plus services at the church
- The main access road onto the site will be via Cypress Avenue
- Deliveries will go to a designated marshalling yard
- Any large loads (such as heavy machinery equipment) that can’t negotiate the bridge on Cypress Avenue will use Beach Road
- All contractors will be made aware of the routing and timing restrictions
- There will be a 20mph speed limit on site vehicles During construction, the public will still be able to use the beach but inevitably there will be some occasions when certain areas will be restricted during the building of the sea defences and Sandy River works
- Surveys will be carried out on Sea Road and Beach Road prior to the beginning of construction; six months after construction and thereafter at six-monthly intervals and within six months of the development being completed.
- Car share for construction personnel will be co-ordinated.